Fun things to do!
- Attend the Cheerwine Festival in late spring, the Rowan County Fair in summer, the Halloween Fun Fest in fall and the Holiday Caravan Parade in winter
- Play golf at one of three local golf courses including Country Club of Salisbury, Corbin Hills Golf Club, and the Revival Golf Course at the Crescent, with another seven courses within an hour’s drive
- Go fishing, canoeing, kayaking, hiking or bird watching along the Yadkin River or High Rock Lake, and at many local parks including picturesque Hurley Park, or sports-centered Salisbury Community Park
- Visit the Salisbury Farmer’s Market or drive to nearby Patterson Farm Market & Tours
- Take a walk along 6 miles of Salisbury Greenway or a walking tour of Historic Downtown Salisbury
- Attend a play or concert at one of four community theaters: the Meroney Theater, the Norvell Children’s Theater, Lee Street Theater, or the Catawba College Theater
- Enjoy the sounds of the Salisbury Symphony, or local artists at the annual Busker’s Bash downtown
- Take a class at one of four local colleges: Rowan-Cabarrus Community College, Catawba College, Livingstone College or Hood Theological Seminary
- Play bridge or join craft classes at the Rufty Holmes Senior Center
- Visit a local winery or brewery including Morgan Ridge Vineyard, Cauble Creek Vineyard, New Sarum Brewery, Salisbury Wine Shop, or Morgan Ridge Railwalk Brewery and Eatery
- Join a senior bowling club at Woodleaf Lanes
- Volunteer at the Novant Regional Medical Center, Rowan Helping Ministries, Rowan County United Way or Communities in Schools Rowan
- Visit North Carolina’s mountains, an easy interstate drive of approximately two hours
- Take a day trip to North Carolina’s beautiful beaches, about a four hour drive to the Outer Banks
The City of Salisbury has been designated as a NC Certified Retirement Community for encouraging retirees and those planning to retire to make their homes in North Carolina – offering an attractive retirement lifestyle, encouraging tourism to the area, providing a means for a potential workforce and enriching North Carolina communities.
For more information, contact Downtown Salisbury Inc.